- Data distribution
- Using the Archive
- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Future Instrumentation & Current Development
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Calibration Data Retrieval
- Past/Future Development
Change page style:
Data and Results
This section provides information about Gemini data. All queries regarding Gemini data should be made through the Gemini HelpDesk. For problems specifically with the Gemini IRAF package, please first look at the Data Reduction Support page before submitting a HelpDesk request.
1. After the Data are taken
- New Data Notification: Nightly email notification of new data.
- Quality Assessment: Criteria used to assess data quality, and associated header keywords.
- Gemini Observatory Archive: The new archive is now the primary conduit to download Gemini data.
2. Understanding and Processing the Data
- Understanding the Data Formats: Brief description of Gemini's multi-extension FITS format.
- Getting Started with Gemini data and the Gemini IRAF package.
- Processing Software: Portal to the Gemini Data Processing Software.
- Data Reduction Support and Known Problems with the Gemini IRAF package.
- Data Workshops: Summaries and links to Gemini data related workshops, including data reduction tutorials.
- Data Reduction User Forum: User-supported location for trading ideas, scripts and best practices, and taking part in user-driven public discussions of data reduction processes and strategies.
- US NGO data reduction portal: Discussion of and links to data reduction procedures for all current Gemini instruments.
3. Publishing Results
- Gemini Publications: Papers by Gemini users and staff.
- Acknowledging Gemini: How to acknowledge Gemini data, including archival data.
4. Providing Feedback
- PI/Observer Feedback: Gemini requires that all queue and classical PIs provide feedback in order to monitor data quality and observatory performance.