Change page style:
Quasar feedback measured
The F2 On-Instrument Wavefront Sensor (OIWFS) consists of a 2x2 lenslet array on a moveable arm that patrols an area in front of the mask plane. Signals from the OIWFS are fed to the secondary for fast tip-tilt guiding and to the primary for astigmatism correction.
This section mainly describes how to prepare and check FLAMINGOS-2 observations. Setting up observing sequences at Phase II is not intuitive until one is quite experienced (and maybe even not then). Thus, the key to successful observation preparation is starting from the FLAMINGOS-2 OT Library.
- The probe vignettes the F2 FOV.
- The flexure between the probe arm and the detector has not been quantified
The Gemini e-newscast #47 (May 17, 2013) features:
- A “Shockingly Bright” Gamma-ray Burst
- A Gap in a Pre-Transitional Disk
- FLAMINGOS-2 Commissioning Update
- Welcome New Users’ Committee Members
- AstroDay Hawai‘i